A short list of questions
Last time, I came up with some criteria for good questions. Now I’ll put that into practice, by making some questions. The theme will be “wizards tower”, because I’ve been wanting to run such a one-shot for a long time now.
- How did you get onto the floating isle on which the marble tower stands?
- What is the name of the artifact you are seeking within?
- Who told you it would be here?
- Why do you need the artifact?
- What horrible rumors have you heard of this place?
- When did you learn that Morelia the sorceress was home?
These questions should obey the criteria i set up in the last article. The first most definitely sets the scene, and I think it’s quite evocative. They establish motivation, the characters are seeking an artifact, and they demand action by telling the players that it’s inside. I think they are fairly open-ended, especially the “horrible rumors” question.
The last question I added to give the tower that “wizardy” feel, and to feed the party some danger; there’s a sorceress in here, and she’ll probably get pissed when she finds out that somebody is stealing her stuff.
I’m going to pop these question in the next game with my wife. I’ll keep you posted!
Add, share and use!
All work on this homepage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.